Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Finally....

I have twins now & have not mastered the time management...yet! However, I think I owe my few followers a brief update. Right? Here are a few things I have learned in the past 9 months....
  • Graham & Carson rarely, very rarely, nap at the same time.
  • The diaper bag for twins appears to look like a small carry on bag.
  • The money spent on diapers could buy lots of shoes.
  • A shower on my day off is a beautiful thing.
  • Spencer & Kate are the BEST helpers. Good thing I had them first!
  • Carson & Graham almost have more hair than John.
  • Graham can crawl fast & puts everything in his mouth.
  • Carson can pull out his feeding tube fast.
  • Graham can pull out Carson's feeding tube fast.
  • We are CRAZY about these babies!
  • They have been so much work, but so much fun!

Carson has a speech & physical therapist come to visit every week. He is making progress, but is very stubborn when it comes to eating/swallowing. He will most likely skip the rest of bottle phase. He rolled over for the 1st time on September 8th. He likes to eat Gerber puffs & will occasionally let you get food in his mouth. We let him try anything in hopes that he will love it & start to eat. He does have 2 teeth & 2 more coming. He is very laid back. He has a quiet snickering laugh. He smiles a lot & is the happiest baby. He is currently out weighed by Graham by about 5lbs.

Graham has mastered crawling & fast. He is pulling himself up & will probably walk sooner than I think. He enjoys food, but has an allergy to wheat. We are hoping he outgrows it & doesn't have any others. Kix cereal has become a favorite snack for him. He gets excited easily. He loves to jump & bounce. He has 5 teeth & will not let you into his mouth. He doesn't want a pacifier any more. He has the cute & loud laugh. He reminds me of Kate when she was a baby....into everything & loves to watch other people.

I should mention the other two cute faces....Spencer just finished football. He played on the 8th grade team for Test Middle School. He didn't get much play time, but loves the game. He does well in school, wants to do something in the sports field as a career & is transforming into a handsome young man.

Kate started piano lessons after a summer break. She enjoys the social aspect of school & struggles with her school work more than I wish. She is tenderhearted & is a good friend. She still plays house & babies, but uses the twins instead of her baby dolls.

John & I are plugging away at work, home, church, etc. John is back teaching early morning seminary at our house. Bowling season has started & he squeezes a basketball game in almost every week. We try to go out for dinner or to Costco to buy diapers & food. I am entering my busiest time of the year...I love it! Aside from work, I don't do much. I try to clean up & stock up the house, read & sleep. We have had a crazy year & we are looking forward to the new adventures that next year will bring.

PS...I promise to post pictures soon!

No comments: