Thursday, November 17, 2011

The Move

Before I post my June to October update, I feel I should share the facts about our move from Indiana to Utah. Where do I start? I am exhausted just trying to remember the journey. We have no pictures of the move, final moments, last minute pics with friends, etc. We finished packing & loading in 2 days, drove 2 days, unloaded in 3 hrs (Our new neighbors rock!), unpacked in 3 days & I returned to work.

It was crazy & I am thankful we all survived without serious injury to another. I think these are some of the moments I will not forget.....

1. Within 2 days of arriving in Indiana, I had flown to Seattle for work, back to Utah & then on to Indiana.

2. The humidity took my breath away when I exited the airport. Wow....I do not miss it! It was brutal packing & loading in the heat!

3. John & Al had been so efficient in pre-packing, all my things had been packed up prior to arrival. I wore the same clothes for 2 days. I smelled like a teenage boy who hasn't learned the importance of deodorant yet. Bad.....right, Jen?

4. My sister, Jen, my mom & dad were lifesavers for this event. It is crazy that we had fun packing to move away. Mom only cried a few times. Thanks to everyone who came & packed, loaded & gathered to share in our moving experience!!

5. A bag of M & M's can constitute a lunch full of energy & fulfillment. Good call Jen!

6. John has a lot of wires & cables.....STILL! Thanks to Jen for labeling them Box 1 of 10 and so on for laughs. John did not think it was as funny. Seriously, why did we transport that 1600+ miles?

7. The Christmas tree, holiday decorations, high school memorabilia, tools & various other garage/storage items did not make it even with the extra trailer that we had to pull behind the U-haul. What will I possibly re-gift now?

8. I realized I have too much stuff! Who needs all that stuff? Why do I feel I have to buy stuff? Does the stuff really mean anything to me? Ugh....it makes me want to donate & throw more stuff away right now!

9. I will miss my siblings, parents, family & some friends. Taco Tuesdays are the best, mom's peanut butter pie, loud laughter, crazy stories & lots of memories of days gone by.

10. John & the kids are some of the bravest people. It has been an adjustment for everyone, but they managed to survive without me for months during the "Separation Phase". Lots of Pizza & video games, right Spencer?

Now you know of the moving madness, Here is the update with photos.....

No comments: