Monday, July 28, 2008

Our Trip West



This year, John & the kids left for Utah almost a week before me. I didn't have to tolerate the 1600 mile drive & got to fly out.
They were able to make a stop at Devil's Tower in northeastern Wyoming before reaching Yellowstone. Spencer loved climbing the rocks
up to the base of the tower. Although you can't see it, there are actually people climbing on the face of the tower.


While driving through Yellowstone, they saw this black bear about 10 feet from the road.
They were excited to see this at such close range and got some great pictures.


One afternoon, on the way back to the hotel (Grants Village) Spencer spotted a double rainbow in the sky. I beautiful result from a brief storm. It is somewhat rare, but an amazing site.
John says sarcastically it was "visually stunning".


This is the kids in front of the Yellowstone sign. It's funny how much they enjoy going here. We spent a day here last year, but the kids wanted more. They had a really fun time & weather was pleasant.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Britney said...

I like that bear picture! I'm jealous. I want to see a bear.