Sunday, February 15, 2009

Science Fair

It's Science Fair time every year in February and I hate it! My kids have been required to do science fair projects for the last 4 years and I am over it. Every year we spend weeks trying to come up with a project, then how to do it, the report, the board, the presentation prep, and the stress of it all makes me crazy.

Luckily, both kids have done well. This year, they both achieved 1st place honors for their projects and we don't have to go to district science fair. We did this last year and I think it was one of the longest days of my life. Spencer did his project on Heat & Evaporation. He tested different light bulbs and the rate of evaporation over a period of time. Spencer will not be required to do one next year in junior high and I could not be more excited.

Kate did her project on Hot & Cold magnets and does the temperature effect the magnetism. Spencer did this project a few years ago & we were able to adjust & reuse it....good idea huh? She was so excited to get a 1st place ribbon and very proud of her project, despite the small amount of work she actually had to do. Kate also had to do a class presentation and did very well.

No comments: