Sunday, April 5, 2009

Staycation 2009

Yes, we stayed home for spring break this year. It was actually quite nice not packing up a suitcase, waiting in lines or finding a house/dog sitter. We enjoyed the freedoms of sleeping & eating whenever we wanted, having friends sleep over, and relaxing with a good book or a movie we have been meaning to watch. I did come to a few realizations while on this staycation.....
  • Having no schedule for an entire week is really quite liberating & relaxing
  • I do enjoy cooking & wish I had more time

  • I'm glad we have family dinner together almost every night
  • We don't really watch that much television when the weather is nice
  • Car rides are quiet when the kids have ipods
  • I can read a lot when I am not working
  • The Zoo was great even though we were cold all day
  • We own too much stuff & don't need it
  • I have a great husband & kids
  • We are all looking forward to summer vacation

1 comment:

McKays said...

I had a dream last night your family moved across the street from my parents. Oh, and there was something about Uncle John being called as a mission president. Good thing I'm not a prophet - right!?!